You Completely Installed the Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES 4 on your System. While starting the system,it's giving an error to load X window System.
How will you fix that problem and make it boot successfully to run X Window Syste?.
Answer and Explanation:
While Problems occurred on booting System on Runlevel 5 (X Window).
1. /tmp is full or not
2. Quota is already reached
3. Video card or resolution or monitor is misconfigured.
4. xfs service is running or not.
Follow these Steps:
1. df -h /tmp /tmp is full remove the unnecessary file
2. quota username if quota is already reached remove unnecessary file from home directory.
3. Boot the System in runlevel 3. you can pass the Kernel Argument from boot loader.
4. Use command: system-config-display It will display a dialog to configure the monitor, Video card,resolution etc.
5. Set the Default Runlevel 5 in /etc/inittab id:5:initdefault:
6. Reboot the System you will get the GUI login Screen.
Note: at exam neither X window nor GNOME are installed at debug, you just have to do:
and use the system-config-display
Reboot the system